I’m excited to announce the launch of a very special Pendulum challenge ! From Thursday, March 31 through Friday, April 15, you have the opportunity to impact a young spiritual entrepreneur’s life…This is my favorite kind of win-win — you can help another while helping yourself! Read on to learn how.
Bored with the sparse and meager options in metaphysical shops, I started making my own beautiful pendulums back in 2007. Friends and fellow seekers started asking me to make pendulums for them, and a side business was born. Then one day, as I was struggling for nearly two hours to design a pendulum (and still not quite happy with it), I looked over and my daughter Sally had designed no less than SIX pendulums in the time it had taken me to eek out just ONE ! What’s more, her pendulums were far more creative and artistically stunning than my one pendulum. I immediately thought, this girl is a natural, and I helped her to string up and finish the custom pieces.
Best of all, when those recipients received their pendulums, they were amazed at how perfectly each piece suited them, and how accurately the crystals symbolized exactly what they needed. I had to admit, my daughter was much better than me at pendulum design. So she took over the pendulum making business in late 2014 and that’s when CustomPendulums.com was born.
Why the challenge NOW, you ask? Great question. (You seriously ask the best questions, like, every time.)
Sally was nominated by her teacher to attend a leadership workshop in Washington, D.C. this summer. And my husband and I–intending to raise smart, independent, self-reliant children– decided it would be a good idea for Sally to earn at least half of the total trip cost herself. Hence the pendulum challenge!
This summer, 12 year old Sally will:
- Fly by herself to Washington, D.C. to attend the Junior National Young Leaders Conference
- Tour the U.S. Capitol
- Visit Harper’s Ferry, WV
- See some of the most extraordinary museums and national monuments in the D.C. area, such as the Maryland Science Center and the Lincoln Memorial
- Experience extraordinary speakers such as Anthony Robles
- Born with one leg, Anthony Robles defied the odds to become a three-time all-American wrestler and the 2011 NCAA National Wrestling Champion. Proving that hard work and a strong belief in yourself can lead anyone to success, Robles now shares his philosophy to remind us all that we have the power to conquer adversity – no matter how overwhelming the odds
- Engage in leadership training, focus groups discussions, and group exercises designed to strengthen her leadership ability and confidence
- And best of all, participate in the Voices of Change project
- Working in a group, students will choose a topic that they believe presents a problem in today’s society and will develop an organization to combat the problem. Students will conduct research to fully understand the problem they’re facing and formulate a strategy and plans to create an organization that positively impacts members of their community. They will learn how to use each team member’s strengths to solve the problem, demonstrating why each person on the team is an important contributor. At the end of the project, students will present their work to other teams and advisor, and will hopefully continue their project upon returning home.
By participating in the pendulum challenge, you will:
- Support this young girl in her personal discovery of what it means to be a leader
- Positively impact a member of the next generation of leaders
- Teach a child the value of working for what she wants, helping her to earn her way and contribute to society and spirituality
- Pay it forward (and reap all the intrinsic benefits that accompany it!)
- Send out positivity and good karma into the world
- Receive an exquisite custom pendulum (or three!)
- Help a tween learn about money and the value of a dollar, and help to grow her business as well as her self-esteem
- Get the added bonus of a copy of the Pendulum Mojo audiobook — a free gift ($10.95 retail value) to everyone who purchases a pendulum during Sally’s challenge
- Save on all shipping — just $2 (within USA; $6.50 international) per pendulum during Sally’s challenge
How can you participate? (Again, just perfect question, really!)
It’s easy! Just visit CustomPendulums.com and order a pendulum between Thursday, March 31st and Friday, April 15. Within 48 hours of your purchase, you will automatically be sent the audiobook for Pendulum Mojo. And when you check out, you’ll see that all domestic shipping is just $2 per pendulum and international shipping is just $6.50 per pendulum during the promotion (no coupon code needed).
As an added bonus, anyone who buys at least 3 pendulums in a single order will receive a SECOND bonus valued at more than $20 retail, which will be shipped with your pendulums.
Sally’s goal is to sell 50 pendulums during Sally’s 14-day Pendulum challenge, as this will equate to 50% of the total cost of her trip. You can help by purchasing one or more pendulums for yourself or your loved ones, AND by spreading the word about this challenge via social media, email, or plain old fashioned phone calls and face to face conversations. (I know, but it does happen!)
NOTE: If you want to support Sally, but you don’t want to purchase a pendulum, you can contribute to her fundraising efforts here. Sally appreciates each and every form of support!
Thank you for helping Sally go for it!